You die way to fast
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Created by Daggermouth Games (11 programming and art students) in 2018 as a proof of concept. I worked as the lead programmer.
A dynamic fusion of Diablo and Pokemon, Bot Wars attempts to redefine the ARPG genre. Instead of traditional loot, the player collects the corpses of their foes - some of these are able to be reprogrammed to fight for you. Use their abilities against their former allies!
- Entirely bespoke artwork, including models, textures, effects and UI.
- Advanced procedural level generation.
- 5 different types of companions to collect.
- 8 powerful active and passive abilities to master.
- Unique tactical gameplay.
- Multi-phase boss fight that pushes your abilities to the limit.
NB: As the game is a prototype it lacks a tutorial. It is highly recommended that new players read the tips below.
- LMB: Move and attack
- RMB: Use selected ability.
- 1,2,3,4: Select ability to bind to RMB.
- Q,W,E,R: Use ability.
- Space: Open equip panel.
- Shift: Enable overcharge mode.
- The teleporter to the south of the hub area will bring you to the next dungeon, be prepared as there is no turning back until the boss is defeated.
- After you have collected a companion pickup from a fallen enemy, press space to open the equip panel and drag the desired companion into the slots at the bottom of the screen.
- Overcharge mode (shift) heals the player and boosts the power of all the companions abilities.
- To the north of the hub area is the upgrade shop that can be used to upgrade and dismantle companions.
- Mouse-over the ability icons in the equip panel to see a description.
- Energy and companion pickups both refill the player’s energy pool.
- Formations can be changed by clicking the ‘formation’ button in the bottom left of the screen.
Extract all files and run 'RPG' executable to play.