A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Desert Racer is a sci-fi arcade racing game in which you race hovercars around an alien desert at blistering speeds.
- Inspired by the Sahara Desert, the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest, the large map offers many different environments to explore.
- Fast-paced races in which you compete for cash prizes.
- 4 different hovercars to buy, upgrade and customize.
- Many different settlements to discover and race in.
- Smooth controls, similar to the Wipeout series.
- Collectables to find for cash rewards.
- Trance soundtrack.
The game should support Windows, Mac and Linux. Supports Dualshock 4 (PS4) controllers and mouse & keyboard. Controller recommended. Other controllers may be supported but this is not guaranteed.
Game developed by Jack Huntridge Dixon for the Computer Gaming Technology course at ARU Cambridge.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||May 27, 2020|
|Tags||Arcade, customisation, Exploration, gamepad, Open World, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Unity|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Playstation controller|
- Extract game folder from zip file.
- Run ‘Car.exe’.
Note: restart is required when changing between controller and keyboard & mouse control schemes.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.